Saturday, March 26, 2011

Requiem For A Relation...

I said this,
You said that.
I wanted a dog,
You wanted a cat.

I loved it on table,
You liked it on wall.
There could have been a zillion reasons,
That I didn't call.

I stared at the phone,
It stared back at me.
And when it rang,
I wish it was you, not Jesse.

You were two steps ahead,
I was two steps behind.
You were playing your guitar
And I was looking past the blinds.

The silence between us was pregnant.
I loved you but I didn't tell.
Why was it that always wrong words we'd blurt,
To break that magical spell.

I sit by my window thinking what it could have been,
If only our eyes met each other at the same time.
And the time flew away like a bee.
Now the lyrics of our song don't rhyme.

You didn't hear the unsaid words,
I didn't say the things that were necessary .
The only symphony that can now be heard,
Is the Requiem for a relation that was meant to be.

(For those who don't know, Requiem means any grand musical composition, performed in honor of a dead person)

No comments:

Life in the time of Corona - Corona Series (Part 1)

Turned off the TV, a little disturbed, after watching "Nosedive", an episode in Black Mirror.  What if this becomes a way of real...